Several customers have a common problem with a corrupted email xml state file when an exchange server crashes or is taken offline without stopping the email router. Thanks to my good friend, and MVP Co-worker, Donna Edwards, you can add the following node to process a certain amount of days!
Steps to Restore Service
- RDP to the CRMServer.
- Browse to C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM Email\Service
- Rename the xml file ‘Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EmailAgent.SystemState.xml’
- Make a copy of the file ‘Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EmailAgent.xml’
- Open the file ‘Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EmailAgent.xml’ in notepad
- Add the node ‘<MessageProcessingThresholdDays>1</MessageProcessingThresholdDays>’ inside the <ProviderOverrides> </ProviderOverrides> tags
- The number value represents the number of days from ‘Today (Now)’ to process emails from each mailbox
- For example, if you use the number ‘1’ the router will process emails created in the last day
- Restart the email router service